When talking about investments, most people automatically think about stock markets or real estate. However, you can also invest in yourself or your family. As to the latter, this must be especially relevant to those families that just had or are about to have a baby. There are so many things he or she will need: bottles, countless tissues and wipes, diapers, clothes, blankets. Not to mention larger necessities like a changing table, a crib, a special napper (or sleeper) for a newborn, mattresses, devices for better sleep, etc.
But can one purchase all those larger items put in one set? Yes, and this is one of the best investments you can make into your growing family. The name of such a complex is pack n play and it has almost everything you need to take care of your baby throughout the first years of his or her life.
Investment-wise, a pack and play with bassinet is a perfect option due to at least three factors:
- It grows along with your baby in three stages:
- The first one is a napper, where you can put a newborn child. It can be used as the permanent place for the kid to sleep.
- The second one is the actual bassinet, where the child can sleep while an infant. Usually, bassinets are used until he/she turns 3-4 months.
- The third one is the main play area, which (depending on the model) can be used as a crib until the kid passes 35” in height and learns to climb out.
- A high-quality playard is long-lasting. So if you plan a second, third, etc. child, you will already have the same three-stage ‘accommodation’ for them.
- It’s cheaper than a crib alone, not to mention the additional expense on changing tables, nappers, and playpens.
Aside from money-saving, such sets have dozens of other advantages for both parents and children. To sum up, by investing in a high-quality pack ‘n play, you get the following set of basic pros:
- Your child’s safety.
- All necessary means of entertainment.
- A construction that is easy to set up, take down, and pack in case of travelling.
- Hypoallergenic materials that don’t get harsh on sensitive skin.
- Easily detachable parts, including the napper, the changing table, the storage, the bassinet, etc.
- Waterproof/easy-to-clean fabrics (either wipe-clean or machine-washing).
- Compactness and mobility.
Combining all these pros with the money-wise benefits, it becomes clear that a playard is by far the most technologically advanced and finance-friendly option.